AT CAPITAL PLANNING
I advise my clients on all aspects of their wealth. Entrusting me to oversee their plan empowers my clients to prioritize their energy elsewhere so they can focus on whatever it is they do best.
Due to the complexity of their wealth profiles, my clients require personalized advice. As such, my role is both active listener and educator. I contemplate their priorities, propose solutions, and build a roadmap to help achieve their goals. My three decades of experience and judgment in managing this complexity enables me to advise them on issues ranging from enhancing their portfolio, minimizing taxes, preserving wealth, and transferring wealth to the next generation or charity.
I am a CPA, a Personal Financial Specialist, and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional. Before my wealth management career, I was employed on the audit staff of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Growing and preserving wealth is dependent on the avoidance of making critical mistakes throughout your lifetime. To help my clients and the public avoid making these mistakes, I created a series of whitepapers called the 401k Critical Mistakes Series and IRA Critical Mistakes Series. Both series are available on my website at www.daviddunn.com.
- Corporate Executive, Manager, Engineer Benefit Analysis
- Aerospace, Technology, and E-Commerce Industries
- 401k & IRA Tax Minimization Strategies
- 401k Rollover Strategies
- 401k Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA) Strategies
- Roth IRA Conversion Strategies
- Executive Compensation Consulting
- Annual/Open Enrollment Consulting
- Investment Management, Portfolio Design
- Stock Option Strategies
- Concentrated Stock Consulting
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning and Wealth Transfer
PREVIOUS ROLES OR VENTURES
Prior to joining Capital Planning, I was employed on the audit staff of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
EDUCATION & DESIGNATIONS
- BA in Business Administration, Accounting Concentration, Washington State University
- Certified Public Accountant, Washington State Board of Accountancy
- Personal Financial Specialist, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
PREVIOUS SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Boeing Executives - Financial Planning Workshops
- Boeing Leadership Network - Financial Planning Workshops
- Boeing Leadership Network - Retirees
- Boeing Savings Bond Drive
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Museum of Flight Legacy Advisors Network, member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AICPA), member
- Capital Planning Investment Policy Committee, member
- Northshore Youth Soccer Association, past coach
- Northshore Youth Basketball Association, past coach
- Woodinville Little League Fastpitch, past coach
- Boy Scouts of America, past Friends of Scouting Chairman & Merit Badge Counselor
- The Bear Creek School Booster Club, past board member
WHEN I AM NOT AT WORK
I live in Washington and am a graduate of Washington State University. I am an avid health and fitness enthusiast and enjoy spending time with my six children.
*Note: The achievement of any professional designation, certification, degree, or license, recognition by publications, media, or other organizations, membership in any professional organization, or any amount of prior experience or success, should not be construed by a client or prospective client as a guarantee that he/she will experience a certain level of results or satisfaction if Capital Planning LLC is engaged, or continues to be engaged, to provide investment advisory services.